SEEDS are everywhere! Being one of the important components of our diet, seeds have become the talk of town.
Use fenugreek seeds for hair growth, eat sesame and pumpkin seeds for hormonal regulation and what not?
We have grown up hearing all these things and have a really strong bonding with these home remedies. When it comes to home remedies, seeds have a distinct role in improving our health.
Seeds- Important Dietary Component
Seeds are considered an important component of our diet and have a recognized role in the protection of human health. Seeds are nutritionally dense and contain nutrients that are essentially required for human health. From countless Kalonji benefits to supporting reproductive health, seeds are known for their amazing health benefits.
Nutritionally speaking, seeds are a great source of vitamins, minerals and provide enough amounts of healthy fats. These components are known to improve several aspects of human health.
Let’s unveil some more facts about these seeds and know about some popular seeds!
Popular Seeds and their Health Benefits
1- Kalonji seeds
Kalonji, also known as kalvanji, black seeds or Nigella sativa are seeds of a plant known and are known for therapeutic properties for hundreds of years. This amazing seed is a rich source of a variety of vitamins, potassium, calcium, as well as provides good amounts of fibres. Among various benefits of kalonji seeds, some important benefits are;
- Immune system is also boosted by the use of kalonji.
- Regular consumption of kalonji is known to prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Furthermore, kalonji is healthy and supports our cardiac health.
- Kalonji is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties thus used to treat problems due to inflammation.
- Other than that, there is a lot of debate on the role of kalonji in weight loss.
Other than black seeds, flaxseeds are also quite important for our health. Flaxseeds are famous for their health-protecting properties. Talking about the nutrition of flaxseeds, these are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acid, fibre, protein and provide many other important vitamins and minerals.
- Flax seeds being rich in omega-3 fatty acids are known to improve our heart health. Other than that, the consumption of flaxseeds is also good for controlling blood cholesterol and blood pressure.
- There is enough evidence to say that the presence of antioxidants in flax seeds help to fight against cancer.
- Flax seeds contain a good amount of soluble and insoluble fibres hence supporting digestive health. Flax seeds are a rich source of best-quality protein that can be consumed and improve our immune function.
- Flax seeds can help with diabetes control.
3- Chia seeds
Black coloured chia seeds are next on the list. Chia seeds can positively affect our health. Talking about nutrition, chia seeds are a rich source of fibres as well as it provides good amounts of protein, healthy fats, vital minerals and vitamins. Following are the benefits of chia seeds;
- Chia seeds increase the level of omega-3 fatty acid in our body and can help to improve our cardiac health.
- Chia seeds also help to reduce our blood sugar level that is essentially required for our health.
- Fibre present in chia seeds is a great help when it comes to better digestion.
- Chia seeds prevents blood thickening.
- An amazing benefit of chia seeds says that it is quite good for our dental health because of high calcium content.
4- Pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are the seeds that are known for their exceptional health benefits. These tiny seeds are densely packed with important nutrients and are a rich source of fibre, iron, high-quality protein, minerals and vitamins. Here is what you need to know about the health benefits of pumpkin seeds;
- These seeds are quite popular due to their anti-inflammatory effects.
- The most amazing benefit of chia seed includes its role in the betterment of reproductive health for both men and women.
- Further, pumpkin seeds are also good when it comes to their role in prostate health in men.
- Consumption of pumpkin seed is good due to its anticancer potential.
- Pumpkin seeds help to regulate the blood and sugar level of our body that are essential for our general health.
- If you have trouble with sleep, pumpkin seeds can surely help to improve your sleep schedule.
Alongside these, there are many other seeds and food components known for their amazing health benefits and you can find a lot of information about these on the internet. However, it is important to not believe everything you read on the internet and just rely on the reliable information from authentic health care platforms.
Seeds are an important aspect of our diet and are known to play a crucial role in the betterment of our health. From our bone health to our heart health and reproductive function, pumpkin seeds cover it all. The use of seeds has gained popularity and are an important part of many trending diets.
No matter whatever seed you are planning to consume, it is always better to consume it with a physician recommendation to avoid any side effects or allergic reactions. Be mindful that the only right way to consume seeds is to consume in moderation.