Table of Contents
Counter Strike Global Offensive is still one of the most popular FPS video games on the planet. The game is ten years old, so it is literally impossible for it to still be the best. So, what is the main reason for its popularity? This game does not let you build up your character, level up, or anything similar. Every single player in the game has the same amount of starting resources and deals the same amount of damage. That usually means whoever is better will most likely win unless luck is involved.
It takes years to learn necessary skills like aim, movement, and in-game sens. But what are the things you can do to immediately improve in CS:GO? Stick around and find out!
The first and foremost thing you should focus on is your aim. Aim comes with practice, so it is impossible to be better just by reading one article, right? Well, no. There are some rules and guidelines you should follow which will immediately improve your aim. The most important thing about aiming is crosshair placement. You should try to always keep your crosshair at headshot level. Don’t just wander around aiming at the sky or at the ground and expect to learn along the way. If you are learning something wrong, you will never get it right. Instead, keep your crosshair at headshot level all the time, even when you walk or run. It will minimize the distance between your crosshair and the enemy, so you won’t have to drag your mouse, and it will be easier to aim. In addition to that, you should also pre-aim common spots where the enemy might be.
If you want to take it a step further, you can also try to “follow the walls”. You simply attach your crosshair to the corner of the wall and follow it. It’s hard to explain it with words; you must see it to understand it. The best video explaining this is from CS:GO pro player adreN; Aiming Help – Crosshair Placement. So, make sure to check that out.
The second most important thing in CS:GO competitive gameplay is your movement. The way you move and position yourself can often be the difference between life and death. The only two ways your enemies can spot you is by visual or sound confirmation. That’s why it’s important to make sound strategically. Running will create a sound, and your enemies will know exactly where you are.
So, you can’t just run around. You need to know when to walk and when to run. In fact, you should always walk. The only time you can safely run is in the area of the map you control where the enemies can’t hear you. You can also run if you are on the clock and need to get somewhere fast, either if it is a rotation or re-take. In this case, the enemies will hear your footsteps, but you have no other choice.
Sometimes you can even use the sound to your advantage to distract your enemies and create opportunities for your teammates. But that is a story for another day; today, we just want to cover the basics.
The best way to learn anything is to learn it from a professional, from someone who already knows how to do it. Keep in mind that all CS:GO professional players are on a similar level when it comes to CS:GO basics. Of course, they all know how to aim and how to move properly. So, you should watch live streams of professional matches, and you might learn a thing or two from every match you watch. You can learn new smokes, new strategies, proper positioning in certain situations, and so on. To make things more interesting, you can also place a live CS:GO bet on sites like Rivalry, and make some profit along the way.
Last but not least is utility usage. Wasting utility is the most common mistake new CS:GO players make. The utility is very important, especially for map control. The order of importance is as follows; smoke, flash, Molotov, HE grenade, decoy.
Even though a lot of players think the HE grenade is the best one, it is not. Smoke and flash are the most important grenades, without any doubt. So, the first grenades you purchase should always be smoke and flash. Smoke and flash are used for map control, and without knowing how to use it, it is impossible to reach any high rank. Try to learn a few lineups so you can throw your smokes and flashes from a safe distance. The more lineups you learn, the higher your rank will be. There isn’t a single player in LEM or above that does not know at least three smoke lineups per map. It is just impossible to rank up without learning it. As for the flash, you can always improvise, but it is better to know them.
Tips for Playing Better
There are a few things you can do to improve your CS: GO play, regardless of your skill level. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Aim carefully – One of the most important things you can do is aim properly. This may sound obvious, but making good shots requires practice and patience. Try to identify where the enemy is and shoot at their head or chest area. In the right hands, accurate shooting can easily turn a game around.
- Use cover wisely – Another key aspect of playing well in CS:GO is using cover wisely. By hiding behind walls and other objects, you can avoid taking unnecessary damage and stay alive for longer periods of time. Remember to use your radar marker to locate enemies as well as cover, so you can take them out quickly and safely.
- Pay attention to your surroundings – When playing CS:GO, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings at all times. Be on the lookout for possible threats, such as snipers or terrorists hiding in wait. If spotted, be prepared to take action quickly before they cause too much damage.
- Work together with your team – Like any other online game, teamwork is key in CS:GO. If you can work together with your team, you’ll be able to take down enemies much more easily. Remember to communicate and coordinate your actions so everyone is on the same page.
- Stay calm under pressure – One of the most important things you can do when playing Counter Strike: GO is to stay calm. Even if the situation looks bad, don’t panic and try to take control of the game. By staying composed, you’ll minimize the chances of making mistakes that could cost you the match.
We hope you learned something from this. If you also play Valorant, make sure to check out Valorant Tips and Tricks!